Dim Creek is one of the life supports of Alanya as a stream. It is on the East side of Alanya and it is approximately 30 kilometers from Alanya center by car. It starts from Alakise Village, on the hill of Taurus Mountains and goes down to the Mediterranean Sea at the border of Kestel and Tosmur districts of Alanya. It is approximately 60 kilometers long. There are around 15 settlements around the Creek and they are referred as Dim villages. Because the snow which was received in winter starts to melt down to the Creek in spring, the water of the Creek is cold. The Creek forms a valley around it and this area is used for the cultivation of banana and orange.
Around Dim Creek
The area around the Creek is occupied with numerous facilities. There are numerous picnic areas, restaurants, cafes and such. You can cool off at the platforms established on top of the Creek, eat at restaurants and have drinks there. There are some restaurants which allow you to fish your own trout fish and prepare it for you to eat. Additionally, there are some excursion activities carried out on the Creek. Rafting is one of the most popular activity there. Also, on the road of the Creek, there is Dim Cave. There are hiking trips there and you can visit this natural beauty along with an activity. You can enjoy the bird’s-eye view of the Dim Creek Valley up there. Here is some practical information on Dim Creek.
- Dim Creek facilities are mostly crowded on Saturdays and Sundays. Especially on Sundays, local people prefer to go to the picnic areas. These days are better if you like a lively environment. However, if you prefer peace and quiet, you should choose another day of the week.
- There are public transportation options to the Creek, if you don’t have a car. Taxis take approximately 50 TRY from Alanya center to Dim Creek. If you want to take the bus, it leaves from Alanya center and goes up to the middle of the Creek. You can choose one of the facilities as you go and jump off anywhere you want. Another route is to take the bus from Alanya center to Tosmur. After you arrive at the center of Tosmur, you can take a bus going to the Creek.
- Due to the melting snow, water of Dim Creek is cold in both winter and summer. You can cool off at the Creek even in the hottest days of summer.
- The facilities around the Creek are mostly open both in summer and winter. Chicken and meat are also served in addition to fish. However, the famous dish you need to taste is the trout fish. There are trout fish ponds where you can sit, fish and get served on the ponds while your feet are in the water.
- Some people want to have an adventure there and rent jeeps or motorcycles for a trip to the Taurus Mountains. In Dim villages, there are facilities that offer daily trips. There are also safaris organized in groups. You can choose one of these alternative excursion activities and spice up your visit to Dim Creek.
Please fill in the form. We will contact you as soon as possible.